Ace Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GUBE

The Ashes

i think there's some real dross in that Aussie team, Johnson's never been unplayable here, Starc's unproven with the red ball, who the fuck is Hazelwood, is Siddle playing?  Lyon's mediocre.  without Harris they're a much less scary proposition.  I'm worried about Smith and Warner but I doubt Clarke will stay fit and the rest aren't all that.  Looks like Watto will play too, LOL.

:walkingsm:

As someone that has a passive interest in cricket my opinion probably isn't worth hearing but I've had very little interest in the Ashes this summer. It's because they're coming around too quickly. I remember being quite pumped for the Ashes perhaps as someone who has a passing interesting in football might get quite excited about the World Cup. Has the increased regularity of the Ashes quelled any interest in them for cricket fans? I know the stadiums are full etc but I don't sense any Ashes fever anymore. Thoughts...

well it's back to a four-year cycle again now thank god.

i've followed it quite closely and to be honest the fact that we've handed the Aussies their fucking arses three times (rather than just scraping by) has made it less thrilling but more enjoyable.  but you're right, overkill.  all about the money.

This series seems well received. The last home one was weird bcs we SMASHED them when they were turd but they ended far stronger than us in two drawn games that precipitated the caning they gave us on their bailiwick. Fans didn't enjoy it so much. This one is of a par with 2009: we're better, we did a pro job.