Ace Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GUBE

Thread For The Beautiful Game

Played plenty of local football at primary & high school age for local clubs & school 8-16, seven a side on astroturf, tough as concrete 16-20, saturday/sunday league 20-21. Tried it again basically to make the numbers up couple of years ago for a local team my cousin plays for but realized at over 30 the knees/legs don't work like they used to work before, no excuses but the local pitches don't exactly use sprinkler systems either. What happened to us Ace, we once were warriors etc.

3 minutes ago, Shoebox said:

Played for Brasenose Eagles for many a year. A say "played", but what I mean is I turned up to training every week (unlike some), paid my subs every week (unlike some) and then didn't even make the subs bench every week (unlike some). Bitter? Me? Noooooooo!

Gave up 5-a-side a couple of years ago when I just got bored with the whole thing. Too many nobheads taking it too seriously. It was just meant to be a friendly kickabout, but to the ones who also played league stuff, it was life or death stuff. Just SAAAAAAAAADDD!

My mate got headbutted in the face for scoring a goal during a 5-a-side league we used to play in.  In the same league a ref once punched a player during an after-match debate. Was genuinely awful how aggressive people got and how seriously they took it.  Ditched it in the end for that reason.

Bloke once elbowed me hard on purpose when I was going for a corner and cracked me rib.. this wasn't even the 5 a side league but just the Thursday lunchtime "friendly" game we always used to play at Fulham training ground. TWAT!