Ace Forum
Stumpedmolar

Thurley Temple

16 minutes ago, scaggy said:

So you don't need the low notes or the timbre of the cello to achieve the ominous effect? Is John Adam's Short Ride in a Fast Machine ominous? 

That would be an oecumenical matter.

2 hours ago, GUBE said:

anyway musicwatch, that other Eno/Shields song has come out, it's alright.

PFK gave a record a 10 today! not worth it imo.

also I have definitely cracked the Cardiacs as a band and I am probably their world's biggest fan now.

I thought you were quite anti Cardiacs before?

If you ever want to really to hear wailing and gnashing of teeth call them The Cardiacs in any of their forums.  

i don't know i was ever mega anti-Cardiacs but a couple of their later things kind of felt a bit forced to me ten years ago. i just wasn't in the right headspace for it.

5 minutes ago, GUBE said:

i don't know i was ever mega anti-Cardiacs but a couple of their later things kind of felt a bit forced to me ten years ago. i just wasn't in the right headspace for it.

It wasn't a criticism, they have always polarised a lot of people.  On Land and in the Sea is my personal favourite.  I think The Everso Closely Guarded Line is one of the most amazing songs ever written.  Always something new to find in it.  I'm definitely a mid-period fan most of all, when they had pretty much all the elements in there (for me).  Tim Smith is definitely someone who can make a guitar sing

So angry, made a baguette roast chicken sandwhich and one of the plebs in the roach motel i live in, takes it out of the bag, slices abit off and putts it back. Punched my door a couple of times this happens continously. Any number of crackheads could have done it. Left the house before i get myself nicked. Have to get out of there. Havent done drugs since saturday so everything isvery raw and then  shit like this just makes me livid. Need. To. Leave.