Ace Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GUBE

wed in doubt call 999

morning. following the story of the raccoon scaling a building in Minnesota. off to see one true living music genius John Maus later.

If you do get to also see Preoccupations, GUBE, do so. They were on blistering form last night. There aren't many songs as epic as "Death" live. Incredible stuff. Really weird skies driving home at 11pm. A clear divide between the dark clouds and the light pollution coming off of Canterbury. Quite eerie.

Listening: Peter Gabriel - So (Special Edition)

20 minutes ago, cuppatea said:

29 days plus bank holidays plus I have 5 days carried over from last year. Why do you ask?

God, the only reason I miss working for a big corporate is stuff like that.  Mind you I have greater flexibility in a way so... 

Just now, Shoebox said:

What's the latest, Burch? Got any more clue as to when you'll be out?

It's manily down to them draining me + a day or so. I have no confidence in anything.

Please feel free to skip over the following if my daughter doesn’t interest you

Rita is settling a bit better now, she wasn’t attached to her keyworker when I picked her up yesterday and she’s stopped carrying her cuddly dinosaur everywhere now. Still not eating much but she doesn’t during the day at home either. She didn’t nap at all yesterday or sleep much last night, I’m not sure if it’s sleep strike or because her first molar is coming through. 

Sugar and caffeine getting me through today 

7 minutes ago, Burch said:

It's manily down to them draining me + a day or so. I have no confidence in anything.

Do they keep delaying because of clinical or practical reasons? 

10 minutes ago, slavestate said:

God, the only reason I miss working for a big corporate is stuff like that.  Mind you I have greater flexibility in a way so... 

I also have fully annualised flexitime, the only limit to how many hours I can rack up is that I can't carry more than a week's worth over at the end of the calendar year.

1 minute ago, Emily said:

Do they keep delaying because of clinical or practical reasons? 

They want me well off the anticoagulants, but really, it's more that they're telling me nothing.

6 minutes ago, Burch said:

They want me well off the anticoagulants, but really, it's more that they're telling me nothing.

That's rubbish. I’m sorry, being in hospital is horrible