Ace Forum
Sign in to follow this  
slavestate

Mon in the Sun

Baby in a 5am wake up phase that is making me wonder if she’s too old to leave on the church steps.  We have about 3 days decent sleep here and there that make me think things are improving then BAM up 5 times and awake at 5-5:30 for the last 3 nights. 

DON’T talk to me before I’ve had my coffee. Or after. 

Day off. 

Excellent long birthday weekend so far.

Went bowling with the gf and her kids on Friday, football on Saturday followed by a pie and beers in Jericho. Over to my folks yesterday for the receiving of presents. Learning how to do a 4x4 Rubik's cube now.

i confess to having known about gf (& her kids) and thought it was dead funny when cuppa was playing single spuddo for our amusement, really showed me something about his commitment to the values of ace. also she seems dead nice based on her interactions in the football group on facebook!

nice weekend, gave a talk at a thing, watched stuff, nice long-ish walk up the Severn yesterday, found some abandoned caravans and had a nosy around in them, saw a fox with a chicken in its mouth, relaxed. very sunny here now, shame i have to moderate a load of essays. :(

Dece weekend. Fairly chilled

• Watched some films and Masterchef final
  • Did parkrun
  • Fixed the lawnmower and then put it to good use on the lawns
  • Fixed the netting on the kids' trampoline
  • Watched the Liverpool match
  • Winced as one of my back teeth finally gave up and fell apart. All seems good now, but there's an annoying gap now.

Quiet weekend; Sat: walked dog, saw some action on the pond in the park, made a big macaroni cheese, sat in garden watching birds going wild for bird food, had a beer, watched eppy of dirty money doco on netflix (good!), that was it. Sun: lie in, not a lot else, had a curry, err... wanted to do a bit of work but basically didn't. Was good, tho. 

Put some more hours into Assassins Creed Evolution.  Tried an RPG that gets excellent reviews but switched it off as soon as I realised it was turn based combat.  Ain't no one got time for that.  Was going to do some weeding but the wet weather put me off, thankfully, but will have to do it soon...

Not bad weekend.. Went to really good photographic exhib at the Barbican Friday night (best time to go to exhibitions at the Barbican imo) called Life on The Margins about marginalised communities in the period of the 50s to the 90s - homeless people in LA, transgender people under Pinochet regime in Chile, survivalists living in Utah, little dwarf lads working in circuses, that sort of thing. Bit bleak but v highly recco. Other than that saw two depresso central/Eastern European films at the cinema so right laff all round basically.

23 minutes ago, slavestate said:

Put some more hours into Assassins Creed Evolution.  Tried an RPG that gets excellent reviews but switched it off as soon as I realised it was turn based combat.  Ain't no one got time for that.  Was going to do some weeding but the wet weather put me off, thankfully, but will have to do it soon...

Which one? I famously love turn based combat. 

Currently playing Might and Magic II, I’m all about the DOS games.