Ace Forum
Sign in to follow this  
braille kardashian

Netflix Recommendation Thread

Hi Ace, feel free to discus, praise or disparage your favourite Netflix choices. 

As a rule we operating a 0 to ten rating, quid pro quo. 

Hopefully this will unearth hidden gems and save time for those who need a little direction toward something enjoyable, yet for whom time may well be a limited resource. Many thanks from Brayul and all the team at Ace.

✌❤

The Good Place

Her out of forgetting sarah marshall  in a entertaining romp. Mistakenly sent to Heaven where Ted Danson is God. I know, I know, but it's actually mint. Funny and unique, 4 episodes in and there's a whole second series. Plus, plus, it has the model lady who used to do C4 on Saturday mornings with that Alex somebody guy. Does/did rude tube. Very pretty.

6.8 / 10

BBQ Pitmasters

Pared down cooking compo in which three rednecked flesh junkies convene in some of the USAs most terrifying locations (aka State Fairs) to smoke brisket for 18 hours and trade scripted trash talk. A fascinating insight into American meat culture that keeps the symbolism (turning pink meat brown, come on) low key. 

7/10

However, this is merely an horse derve for...

Deep Fry Masters

Same format, but where once we had the down home honesty of cooked cow muscle, now we have a genuinely stomach turning miscellany of deep fried curios on sticks.

Rank/10

Uni I don't know if this on netflix, I think it is, but the second part where Action goes to a natural wine farm in rural france is great. At about 08:20 mins, basically where and how I'd live in France if I could....you don't really have to be an AB fan

https://youtu.be/-pMk7-BevBc

Might go all in and watch Gotham from the start. Netflix picked up it at Season 3..after Channel Five did there classic of airing two seasons and leaving it at that.

3 hours ago, Shoebox said:

Hey Axl, all 5 Sharknado films are on Netflix now. Just thought I'd give you the heads up!

Cheers mate. Not seen any of them but thanks for the heads up!

This is on Amazon Prime but there's a doco series called Prime Japan, a very calm, slick series of films about Japanese shit, watched the sushi one, there there's ones about zen, swords, that sort of thing

There's a new doco on Netflix called "Someboby Feed Phil" that we're quite enjoying. Basically some guy called Phil, goes around eating street food in various countries. It's hardly enlightening, but it's still quite nice watching a foodie programme that really delves into what the locals eat. Watched the Thailand and Vietnam ones so far. Phil is a bit annoying but his wide-eyed enthusiasm for everything is quite endearing. Oh, and it has the cheesiest theme song, EVER. Pretty sure it's deliberate, but it is major cringe.

13 hours ago, Shoebox said:

There's a new doco on Netflix called "Someboby Feed Phil" that we're quite enjoying. Basically some guy called Phil, goes around eating street food in various countries. It's hardly enlightening, but it's still quite nice watching a foodie programme that really delves into what the locals eat. Watched the Thailand and Vietnam ones so far. Phil is a bit annoying but his wide-eyed enthusiasm for everything is quite endearing. Oh, and it has the cheesiest theme song, EVER. Pretty sure it's deliberate, but it is major cringe.

I'm going in dude, will recon