Ace Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cuppatea

2018 FIFA World Cup | Hooliganism & Homophobia

If we're doing bad footballing history stuff, love the battle of santiago, in which the scrapping was so bad two players were sent of BEFORE SENDING OFF WAS EVEN INVENTED

18 minutes ago, Univers said:

If you like that sort of thing you'll enjoy this, they've even got a word for it, maracanazo, the sense of national shame felt after this WC final loss

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uruguay_v_Brazil_(1950_FIFA_World_Cup)

just thinking, 1950 WC in BRA, must've been a few fans in the crowd with really fake beards! :lol:

4 minutes ago, amnesiac said:

just thinking, 1950 WC in BRA, must've been a few fans in the crowd with really fake beards! :lol:

I'm really not doing a thing, I am assuming the war had finished! I honestly try to remember the dates but forget it immediately.

yes! I read the book about Senna called Senna before the film about him called Senna. Fireman's helmet on the coffin, the lot, can't remember why.

It's because they've got nowhere to bury their grief like we have with our freakshakes and sick building syndromes and strap-ons (it's an example), they've got sporting success OR poverty

hahahahaha the sheer WEIGHT of hubris, unprecedented hubris, black hole of hubris.

22 gold medals were made with each [Brazil] player's name imprinted on them.[citation needed] Even the mayor of Rio got into the act and delivered a speech with the words "You, players, who in less than a few hours will be hailed as champions by millions of compatriots! You, who have no rivals in the entire hemisphere! You, who will overcome any other competitor! You, who I already salute as victors!" A victory song, "Brasil Os Vencedores" ("Brazil The Victors"), was composed, practised, and ready to be played after the final.