Ace Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Suzanne Vegan

Football: Predictions for the 2015-16 season

Balls out of the bathwater guys, who's your money on??

Premier League: Arsenal

Relegated: Sunderland, Bournemouth, Norwich

Championship: Middlesbrough

League One: Swindon Town

League Two: Leyton Orient

Conference: Grimsby Town

FA Cup: Man City

League Cup: Chelsea

CL: Barcelona

EL: Villarreal

Ossett derby: Draw / Albion

I think you'll find it's Liverpool's year.

Premier League: Liverpool

Championship: Liverpool

League One: Liverpool

League Two: Liverpool

Conference: Liverpool

FA Cup: Liverpool

League Cup: Liverpool

CL: Liverpool

EL: Liverpool

Ossett derby: Liverpool

Balls out of the bathwater guys, who's your money on??

Premier League: Arsenal

Championship: Middlesbrough

League One: Swindon Town

League Two: Leyton Orient

Conference: Grimsby Town

FA Cup: Man City

League Cup: Chelsea

CL: Barcelona

EL: Villarreal

Ossett derby: Draw / Albion

Dunno about Orient m8. They were ALL OVER THE SHOP last year, and relegated clubs rarely do that well in their first year in L2. Their new manager has made some sensible signings, but they're looking like theyll be stable at best under him. But he'll probably get sacked after three games and they'll put a gibbon in charge. They've got it well within their locker to implode and get relegated. Playoffs maximum for me.

Dunno about Orient m8. They were ALL OVER THE SHOP last year, and relegated clubs rarely do that well in their first year in L2. Their new manager has made some sensible signings, but they're looking like theyll be stable at best under him. But he'll probably get sacked after three games and they'll put a gibbon in charge. They've got it well within their locker to implode and get relegated. Playoffs maximum for me.

Bit of a stab in the dark with league two if I'm honest. I just know it was a surprise that they were relegated last year after being in the playoffs the year before so maybe they're actually a good bet in league two. But I don't know. I know you can fall from grace quickly. Who else is there? Pompey? Luton? You lot in with a chance?

Luton look like a reasonable bet. Pompey are picking up a lot of interest because they're finally financially stable. Their higher attendance's should give them the spending advantage, but that doesn't always work out. There's a lot of positivity around us at the moment. Dreadful season last year, but finished well. Some good signings and excellent PR work off the pitch. BUT our manager still has a LOT to do to prove he is even remotely capable of putting together and sustaining a winning team. League two's notoriously difficult to predict, and there's usually a surprise package - nobody had Burton pegged last year for example. You could also look at the likes of Bristol Rovers, Plymouth, Cambridge as potential surpises. Maybe Northampton as an outsider for auto- promotion, though I don't think Wilder has what it takes to win the league.

My money's on us though, even though I don't actually believe it.